Vintage Heartfelt Blooms


Featuring: Heartfelt Blooms, vintage style, Sponge dauber, colouring techniques, watercolour pencils, Stampin Up, cardsonthetablewithvicki

I was pleasantly surprised when I decided to try colouring my Saleabration Heartfelt Blooms stamp.
I admit to feeling a bit lazy and decided I would try doing it with Sponge Daubers. Just literally daubing the colour on...
and guess what?
It worked better than I had hoped!
I just loved the way it turned out and I hope you do too.



I used Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Tranquil Tide.
I stamped in Night of Navy.

 The little dragonflies are from the Detailed Dragonfly thinlets set.
Fresh Florals Designer paper stack paper.

Flushed with my success I decided I would try the more traditional way and use some watercolour pencils.
This time I stamped in Archival Black ink and then added the colour with the watercolour pencils and an aquapainter.  pink, purple, yellow, green

Card stock - Fresh Fig and Sweet Sugarplum


I did use my sponge daubers around the edges. I like the vintage feel that the dappled colours give.



And speaking vintage...I was going to throw out this lidless teapot I had in the cupboard when I was suddenly inspired to use it as a quirky pot plant holder.
What do you think?


and once I was started well I just had to start finding other items I could use.
Here is a chipped bowl that I turned into a miniature garden.

Complete with garden gnomes of course!  haha.

Have a great week.
Thanks for stopping by. Vx

Cardsonthetablewithvicki - Blogspot -Wednesday
Cardsonthetablewithvicki - Facebook - Monday-Friday
Cardsonthetablewithvicki - Instagram - Daily


Comments

Popular Posts