Hearts come Home...for Christmas


Featuring: Hearts come Home, sponging, acrylic block watercolouring, clean and simple, Christmas card, Stampin Up, 3D Christmas ornament, Green sprigs, Mini ornaments)


Ho Ho Ho... Only a few days till Christmas!!
For my final post before Santa arrives
I thought I would share one of my favourite cards I made this year using Hearts Come Home stamp set and as cute ornament I made with the Green sprigs and mini ornaments.

But first the card.
From the moment I saw Hearts come Home I knew I had to have that stamp set and matching edgelits.

This card was created using the Acrylic block background technique.
You colour on a large clean acrylic block with your Stampin Write markers.
I used Marina Mist and Sweet Sugar Plum.
Then you spritz your block with water until it starts to bead.

Turn it quickly over and stamp it down (about two thirds down... onto your cardstock (I used Shimmery White cardstock as it holds up a little better with watercolouring and the bonus is that the picture has a shimmer all over it).
Let it dry...or use a heatgun.
Then sponge with Dapper Denim across the top and sides.


Once dry you can stamp your images onto it.
I stamped the little stars with White craft ink.
Trees in Emerald Green, House in Real Red, Santa and smoke in black.

And then on the inside I really went to town... this was a lot of fun!


Here is a slightly different one. Using the Joy to the World as the greeting on the outside of the card.
Which do you like best?


And now for my Christmas ornament.


  I found this little plastic jar in Riot and thought it would be perfect to house one of my Christmas trees made with the Green sprigs and mini ornaments p. 12 of the Holiday mini.
 Very festive I think.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas and lots of stamping fun for the coming New Year.

Thanks for stopping by and I will be back in the New Year to show you all the "new goodies" available in the New All Occasions Mini. Vx

Comments

Popular Posts