Christmas Wreath Card


Featuring: Leaf Punch, Year of Cheer Specialty dsp, Christmas Wreath, 3D ornament, Musical Season, Stampin Up

How about a card and a gift in one!
This card has a detachable Christmas Wreath Ornament you can hang on your tree.
I have used our beautiful Year of Cheer Specialty dsp and a gold embossed greeting on the front.
This will still be an elegant card when the wreath is removed.

The Wreath is made cutting a circular frame from the two largest Stitched Shapes Framelits.
I then glued my leaves punched from the Leaf Punch (holiday catalogue) on the circle frame.


To decorate the Wreath I used small flower punch (retired) -but we do have small flower shapes in various Thinlet sets you could use.
small star punch (retired) and snowflakes from Seasonal Layers Thinlets.
Bow from Pretty Pines Thinlets
Pearls and thin gold sequins.

There is a hole punched through the front of the card for the Wreath Ornament thread so it can be easily detached from the card. I used Washi tape to hold it in place.
To hide the hole on the front of the card I placed my greeting over it using dimensionals to raise it above the hole.


A word about the Christmas Wishes Greeting on the front.
Do you want to know where it is from???
The words are from Holly Berry Happiness
 And the Banner is from Number of Years.  It was a very happy day for me when I realised I could use these two together as I think they look marvellous...I guarantee you will be seeing more of these. lol.

How did I get just the Christmas Wishes stamped. Well I did something quite drastic...
Yep! I cut the greeting in half!
Now you don't always have to do this of course. You can just try inking with a marker. Or covering up with washi tape or scrap paper while you ink.
But for this greeting I knew I would be getting a whole lot more use out of it this way. I hardly ever use the 'from across the miles'. So this was the perfect solution for me.
Don't be afraid to alter your products to suit your needs. I have never regretted it.

After I did the Garden Green Wreath I wondered how a mixed metallic wreath would look?


Copper, Gold, Champagne anyone???!!!



We stayed last week at a place that had a Dovecote. (Dovecotes are freestanding structures that generally contain pigeonholes for birds to nest)
I was really taken by the doves strutting around and showing their feathers, and the one inside watching us. So entertaining to watch them.




Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by. Vx





Comments

Popular Posts