Double Gatefold Card Jar of Love


Featuring: Jar of Love stamps and Everyday Jar Framelits, Double Gatefold Card, Special Fold. Stampin Up, Retiform technique, Sheet Music Background stamp

This Special Fold Card started as something completely different and evolved into this Double Gatefold Card.

Black and Tempting Turquoise were used as my base card colours.
I made a Belly Band to hold it closed.




You slip the Belly Band off and open the card.
 Voila!

I have used Jar of Love Stamps and Everyday Jar framelits, Butterfly framelit and the Music Background Stamp.


 The Music Background has been stamped multiple times at different angles and masked off with post it notes each time to create the Retiform Technique for the background.

 So pretty. Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Peekaboo Peach and Tangerine Tango. Old Olive for the leaves.

I used words from Happy Birthday Gorgeous on each of the side panels and cut them up so they would fit. I also added some Washi Tape...just because I have been itching to use it. LOL. (How is that for rational reasoning.)

And because I didn't want to write inside the card, I placed a piece of whisper White cardstock on the back to hold my birthday message.

Every time I see a Kookaburra these words and song immediately start playing in my head.
Kookaburra sit in the old gum tree
Merry merry king of the bush is he...



Here is a bit of background to it.

(This Australian folk song were written in 1932 by Marion Sinclair a music teacher  and Girl Guide leader. Apparently one Sunday morning she had sudden inspiration in church and rushed home to write down the words. In 1934 she entered the song into a competition run by the Girl Guides. The song won and was performed for the first time in 1934 at the Jamboree in Frankston Victoria where the Baden-Powells, founders of the scouting and guiding movements were present. (Wikipeadia)




Have a great day. Thanks for visiting. Vx.








Comments

Popular Posts