Doily Daze Craze

(Featured products: Lace Doilies, Dragonfly Dreams, Stencil background technique)

Yes folks, it is true. I am in love with the Lace Doilies (p.51 of the Occasions Catalogue.)
Can ya tell? LOL.

All I did was use my lace doily like a stencil. Placing in slightly off the corner of my 9.5 x 9.5cm white cardstock.

I used mainly four colours but in the last one at the end I only used three.
Using my chosen ink pads and a sponge dauber (or a sponge if you haven't got sponge daubers).
In your mind imagine the doily is cut into quarters.
Ink over the top of the doily about a quarter of its circumference.
Then follow around with each of your colours until your doily is completely coloured.
Move the doily to another corner and repeat the process.
Each of these Black Based cards have the same colours but some are inked heavier than others.
So even using the same colours you can make a totally different looking card.

I have also inked a doily with Watermelon Wonder. Cut it in half and added to the lower part under the greeting.

Ink Colours for the Black base cards: Watermelon Wonder, Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight.



Ink Colours for the Blue/Pink card : Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Marina Mist and Mint Macaron.
I have added some Gold Wink of Stella to the doily background and the dragonfly. The doily under the greeting is completely coloured with Gold Wink of Stella. Oh so pretty! 


Ink Colours for the Watermelon Wonder/Peekaboo Peach card: Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder, Bermuda Bay.

TIP: If you still have a two-way glue pen (retired) you can dab a few parts of the back of the doily and let it dry. This will give you a bit of stick on your doily to help hold it in place without tearing your card.


Inside view of a couple.

 

If you are on Facebook you can check out my video for this technique on my
 Facebook business page.
My business Facebook address is the same name as my blog. Cardsonthetablewithvicki. Pop on over a have a look if you can.


Have a great day and I will be back soon.  Vx

See the Eastern Water Dragon up our tree. Just so long as he stays there and doesn't jump down on top of me when I am walking past. haha.



Comments

Popular Posts