4 days till Christmas!


As promised I am back again in a whirlwind of excitement to show you some more Christmas cards and packaging. HoHoHo - Only FOUR DAYS TO GO!!!

This is some quick and easy packaging using Presents and Pinecones designer paper and the Scalloped Tag Punch.

Popped some Jolly Friends on the Front. p.29 Holiday Catalogue


Every year we give some gift cards and I try to find a novel way to package them. This year I tried several different designs I found on Pinterest and this was my favourite. It is by Angie Leach and uses designer paper to hold the card inside.

I did change mine and will give you my measurements too.
For the main crumbcake cardstock I used 29.5cm x 10.5cm
Score at 12.5cm and 25cm.
Designer paper on front is 10cm x 5cm

 Belly Band comes off.
Belly Band is 26cm x 3cm.
Score at 11cm and 22cm (just make sure it has some wriggle room to get on and off without being too loose.)

 Lift top flap


Then open and Voila!! Surprise!
The designer paper at the top is 4cm x 10cm.

 The card holder part is two rectangles of dsp.
10cm x 12cm.
Score at 2cm,5cm,7cm,10cm along the 12cm side of paper.
The 3cm lengths are the sides of the rectangle. The 2cm lengths are the bottom and top.
Using glue or tape stick the two rectangle boxes together only at the edges.
(you need the middle free to hold the card).
Then attach the bottom to the card base and the side to the back as shown in picture below.
Card should be able to close and pop up when open.

 The white piece for writing on is 8cm x 10cm.

I have used the Tin of Tags Stamp set p.33 of the holiday catalogue for all the greetings.
Jolly Friends and Jolly Hat builder punch for the elf.
Stitched Framelits on front of card.
Warmth and Cheer designer series paper stack p.13 holiday catalogue.



And speaking of Jolly Friends...
Here is another...
Isn't this a cute one of Santa using the red glitter embossing powder p.7 holiday catalogue, and Candy Cane designer paper.
Katy Harrison had a similar one I saw here.


 And here are a couple more card designs for you. Isn't this one gorgeous using the Pine Bough textured embossing folder and the Pretty Pines thinlits dies. Some Warmth and Cheer designer paper finishes it beautifully.
Mary Fish did a similar one and I just had to make it my own.

And finally for today. A Christmas scene through the window.


I can guarantee you that if you look through our windows it does not look like that. 33 degrees today. Hot and dry with summer storms predicted for later tonight. We need it to cool everything down.
So this must be a "winter dreaming" window card. :)



Have a great day. I am off to tackle some food shopping with the crowds. See you tomorrow.
Vx

Comments

Popular Posts