Flourishing Phrases in Sympathy



Hello Happy Stampers!
Have you seen the Emboss Resist Technique using our Fine Glue Tip Pen?
You "colour" in your images with the glue. Let it dry (overnight is best) and then sponge/brayer over your image. This is great for line images.

For my first attempt I thought a simple image like the flourish in Flourishing Phrases would be good.
I stamped the image in black onto a white piece of cardstock. Then I "coloured" in carefully the flowers and leaves with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.

Next day.
Using Night of Navy and Sweet Sugarplum ink pads I sponged the colours over my image to slowly build up my background. Use a piece of paper towel to go over your image and wipe away any excess ink.
I stamped the words in versamark and gold embossing powder. Some Gold Natural Trim Ribbon wrapped around the bottom of the picture and a bow place on top. Also added a couple of Night of Navy Enamel Dots under the words...just because I can't get enough  of enamel dots!!! haha.



 Sweet Sugar Plum enamel shapes  and some Gold Wink of Stella were used to add to the flourish image.
I then layered my finished piece onto some Real Red and White Cardstock with Night of Navy as my card base.



The Fine Tip Glue Pen is on page 182 of the Main Catalogue if you are looking for it by the way.

I hope you like this technique and give it a go yourself. It is very easy and incredibly effective.
Thanks for stopping by. Vx

Comments

Popular Posts