Sky is the limit.Surprise.

I will start off this post with a
OOPS!!!!!
I made this card using Sky is the Limit (saleabration stamp set) a while ago but forgot to post it during the Saleabration time.
Oh Dear!!

My apologies for missing the boat....or the plane rather! haha. pun intended.
But I did like the way this card turned out so decided to share with you anyway, as it is a great Male card.

The idea came from Pinterest (of course!)
Angela Lorenz from angescraftycards.blogspot and Yvonne at bruggetje.blogspot.nl were my inspirations.

 I used Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron colours for the cardstock and ink.
The picture is created on white cardstock sponged with those colours.
The Sky is the Limit stamp set was used and Trees are from Lovely as a Tree Stamp set.
I stamped the plane twice (in black ink) - once directly on the cardstock and then again on a seperate piece which I cut out and attached raised with dimensionals.


So the thing with Men's cards is that men may not like frills, flowers or flounces but they do like cards that have an interesting feature. 
Pop-up cards are great for this.

When you open this card...Ta Da!
You have a pop up plane inside, giving a great 3D image.


Pop ups are a fun and easy surprise element for any card and can be as simple or detailed as you like.
 


I took plenty of angles for you to get the idea. LOL. 
This last photo is a slightly different colour way but shows how the plane is popped up by an attached small square. 
Here I just stamped and cut out the plane again and attached it to the front of the square pop up piece.
The square is made by scoring a 2cm x 10cm piece of cardstock at every 2cm. Fold into a square attaching the first and last pieces together to form a hollow cube. Attach the back and bottom to the card as show in the photo below. Then attach your image to the front of the square.



Hope you enjoyed this belated Saleabration card. Happy stamping. Vx

Comments

Popular Posts