Happy Anniversary Kermit!

So what do you make for your 32nd Wedding Anniversary???
Looking for something that truly expresses 32 years of marriage?
Look no further...
I have the answer!!!
In the true manner of a passionate love affair that stands the test of time.

Who else but....

 The beautiful Miss Piggy and the dashing Kermit the frog.
Wah Wah Wah Wah.

I found the idea for the two characters on Pinterest and just went from there, playing around with different punches etc.
Miss Piggy was mainly the 1 3/4 in circle, 1/2 inch circle, the owl builder punch for eyes, Bird builder punch for ears. 2 3/8 Scallop circle for hair. I used the melon mambo and black stampin write markers for details.
 Kermit was the Retired Ornament Punch and the Retired flower punch and 1/2 inch circle for eyes, Small heart punch for tongue.

As you can see I used my new Number of Years and Number Framelits set. Red Glimmer card for the number 32 and I stamped the word Anniversary in black across the white heart for a background. Then I stamped Happy Happy Anniversary on the Red heart below.
 I love Photopolymer for easy placement when stamping!
The word bubbles are part of another Retired stamp set and framelits bundle. (I actually had them lying in a drawer and decided they would work very nicely on the card, so out they came. )

The hardest part of designing this card was the fact that there was so much going on and such a great mix of colours, I felt the background had to be kept very simple and, well, in the background, so to speak! So I kept it basic Black and Whisper White.
But how to fit the large heart with the numbers on??? That is when I came up with this idea.
I cut a large circle using a circle framelit out of the centre of the card.
Because the card already had the Black background stuck to it, I then had a black and white circle. Nice!
I lowered the circle slightly to attach it with glue to the card.
And stuck my Anniversary No.32 Heart on to it.


So you can see the 32 from the outside of the card.


But when you open it...it is still showing! Cool hey!

And here is a Collage I made of our Anniversary Breakfast we had at a local Garden Centre Cafe. 
A beautiful cafe set in a garden setting, 

Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by. Vx 





Comments

  1. WOW x 32 Vicki. Happy (belated) Anniversary! Your card is a real work of love and art. It looks like you had a great time at that little Cafe. Take care. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts