Mug or Cup? (and a quick word (or two) on Photopolymer Stamps)

Which one do you prefer???
A mug or a teacup to drink from?
Me -  I am a teacup kinda gal myself,  but I still love this little mug in the Cups and Kettle Framelits dies set.
I saw a cute idea with circles of dsp for the background by Yvonne van Bruggen and thought it would look good on this card. A great way to use your designer paper!

Bermuda Bay card base and  Have a Cuppa designer paper.
I also used the matching stamp set A Nice Cuppa for the cute little lemon slice and tea bag.
Sentiments are from Enjoy the Little Things stamp set.





Here is a fun set of tea cups to show case the lovely matching stampset A Nice Cuppa and some of the pretty designer paper from Have a Cuppa.
With a touch of sparkle from the beautiful Blushing Bride Glimmer card (have you got yourself some yet!?)
I stamped the top and bottom cups in Coastal Cabana (retired) and Melon Mambo ink.
The middle cup was cut out using some of the gorgeous A Nice cuppa designer paper.
I have used the Cups and Kettles framelit dies to cut out my images.

Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay colour combination is just Tea-riffic! hehe.


I have put together a little sheet of helpful tips that I thought I would share with you all here. These are just some of the ideas I have gleaned from the web, fellow demonstrators and my own use and might help someone just starting out with these sets.



PHOTOPOLYMER STAMPS HELPFUL TIPS  - SHEET

Larger solid stamps can sometimes have problems stamping a clean image.

Here are a few ideas:

Because photopolymer stamps don’t have the foam backing that red rubber stamps have, using a paper piercing foam mat or similar such as a foam mouse pad under the card to be stamped may be helpful.

Like any large stamp - Tap ink onto Stamp - not - Tap Stamp onto ink,
this can give you a clearer view of where the ink is going on the stamp.

You can also place the cardstock on top of the stamp, like we do with large background stamps and rub gently to transfer the stamped image.

Stamp image and leave for a moment to allow the ink to transfer to the cardstock.

Make sure that the stamp has no air-bubbles under it when attached to the clear acrylic block.

Sometimes there is a film left on the photopolymer from the manufacturing process, when you first purchase it.
You can help condition your stamp by:-

Cleaning them with your stampin mist(stamp cleaner) and (scrubber pad) or a rough wash cloth.

Washing the stamp in warm water with dish wash liquid.

Take an eraser and work over the image then clean again.

Tap Versamark ink pad onto stamp then load with the ink colour you want. The Versamark will help the coloured ink hold in place.

Another idea I have heard about is to put Versamark ink onto stamp Rub stamp and then clean.(I haven’t tried this one).


I hope this has been helpful to you.
Thanks for stopping by. Vx

Comments

Popular Posts