Ombre Blue Dreams - Watercooler Wednesday Challenge no. 34

Well here is a random "off the cuff" post! I was visiting a site last night and saw a Weekly Challenge that I couldn't go past.
I haven't done any challenges for a long time but I have to admit I have a soft spot for a lovely Stampin Up Demonstrator called Jean. And this was her challenge. I felt I just had to join in. Click on the link below to take you to it. You have a couple of days left before the challenge ends.
Weekly Watercooler Wednesday Challenge no. 34
 Jean's Challenge.
Welcome to our new challenge.  This week we feature Jean's Colour Challenge---with a twist.  What does that mean?  Jean has put together a challenge within a challenge.  For this challenge, you get to pick your colour (that's right, I said colour---singular) and then use it in an Ombre Effect. 


I immediately had visions of the colour Blue. I pulled out Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Pacific Point and Night of Navy ink refils. Placed drops of these  in lines across several folded baby wipes and I had an Ombre Blue Custom Made Ink Pad! Voila.

 Using the fern leaf from Butterfly Basics and big ink spots Stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set, I created this card. I stamped my larger piece of whisper white with the Grunge stamp and the Custom Ink pad.



 Using a small piece of 4.5cm x 12cm whisper white, I sponged the colours using ink pads, then
I stamped the fern image in Night of Navy with two of the images floating off onto the larger white piece that had been stamped with the Grunge stamp.
 I added small touches of silver with ribbon, dazzling detail and a few diamantes, though looking at it now I am thinking it might be a tad too much!

(I blame this perhaps overdone "Sparkle" on the fact that it was past midnight when I finished and I am in Christmas Mode at the moment! haha!)
 Inside I placed another fern image that was stamped with the Custom Ink Pad.
And there you have a pretty Ombre Challenge Card.
So much fun and so easy to achieve. I love making Custom Ink Pads - every time you stamp you get a different effect. Why not give it a go yourself?


We are off to the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers this weekend. So I had better get packing! Can't wait to check out all the beautiful gardens and flowers and events. (and take lots of photos so I can share a few with you.) This annual event held in Toowoomba rivals any other flower/garden event we have in Australia, so worth going.

Pop back again soon as I want to share some punch art cards with you. Thanks for stopping by Vx

Comments

  1. Hi Vicki, what a wonderful card! I love the way you've used the ferns from Butterfly Basics as well as the splatter image from the Gorgeous Grunge set. The result is such a distinctively unique ombre effect. I'll have to try this myself. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool the way you created the focal mat background and then echoed it with the Grunge Spots and the ferns. Very cool and "wicked" ombre style!

    Is there such a thing as too much sparkle? Not on this wonderful card...no matter what time of day/night it was created. Thanks Vicki for adding sparkle to the challenge (not to mention some of my favorite blue colors too) and to my day with your sweet words.
    I went to CASE this idea and oh my...discovered that my Soft Sky reinker has gone walkabout and the pad itself is dry! Luckily SU will make more so I'll just have to be patient. :D
    Thanks for sharing the directions to your technique and joining in on the challenge. Hope to see you again in other weeks ahead. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, I'm so glad that you have a soft spot for Jean (I do too) and decided to join our challenge. Your card is wonderful, with the ferns going off the focal image. Really lovely way to present the Ombre technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Vicki! Love the blues. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges. Marsha DT @ WCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo. I had forgotten about making an inkpad like that. Thanks for reminding me. Wonderfully creative card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue colors and the instructions. This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And there you have a *very* pretty ombre challenge card! So nice of you to play along for Jean's sake and then remind us of the easy-wow technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And there you have a *very* pretty ombre challenge card! So nice of you to play along for Jean's sake and then remind us of the easy-wow technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki I'm so happy you stumbled upon this weekly challenge site, and contributed such a beautiful card. I love all the details, the Basic Butterfly set and the vivid blues you've mashed up. One can never have enough sparkle! Thanks for sharing your talents, and I hope you come back to this site often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts