Lotus Blossom Love


Hello Stampers! Only a month left for Saleabration rewards (click here) so I thought I would share some cards today using one of the stamp sets you can choose for free if you purchase AUS$90 worth of product. There is even better news as for this month only Stampin Up have released additional Saleabration Products. (click here)

The Lotus Blossom Stamp Set has been a real winner this time and one of the most popular stamp sets in Saleabration for 2015. It can be found on page. 7 of the Saleabration brochure.
It is a 3 step stamp in photopolymer.

 I am not usually that keen on this kind of stamp but I have to say that even I could use this set because Stampin Up have taken all the guess work out of lining up the images for you!! Bless their little cotton socks!

As you can see each flower section is numbered. You need two ink colours. Tone on Tone is good.

 Starting with no. 1 you stamp in your first colour. I used Strawberry Slush. 


Then number two. This time use the same ink colour but stamp off first so you get a lighter image.

Then Stamp with No. 3 in your lighter tone ink - I used Blushing Bride. You don't need to worry if the coverage isn't perfect as this is stamped on top of the other flowers, as you will see.

Here is them all lined up.
And the finished flower if they had been stamped on top of each other.
Now I don't like seeing a perfectly good stamped flower go to waste so I cut this out and popped it onto a card.
Added a greeting.
And then it was all done.

(click on photo to enlarge)
Lovely, quick and easy.
So while I had this stamp set out I thought lets have a little more play.
Using the same colours Strawberry Slush and Blushing Bride with Mossy Meadow for the stem and greeting. I stamped off the Mossy Meadow for a lighter green stem.



(click on photo to enlarge)
I added a butterfly with silver foil card and one stamped in Strawberry Slush ink and some Blushing Bride Ribbon. 
The background paper is from Adventure Bound Designer paperstack p.40 Occasions Catalogue.
Base Cardstock is Smoky Slate.

I liked this so much I did one in blue.
This time my colours were Lost Lagoon and Pool Party.
I only had Bermuda Bay ribbon. So I used that and stamped the little butterfly in Bermuda Bay and edged it with Bermuda Bay cardstock. I didn't stamp off the Mossy Meadow flower stem this time.

Isn't this background paper from Adventure Bound Designer paper stack great! I love the fact that it can be feminine or masculine. Bonus points for that!

(click on photo to enlarge)
Well that is a long, long post today!! Phew. Quite a bit of sharing. I hoped you liked it. Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you and appreciate you sparing the time to say something.
Until next time. Vx

p.s. if you have trouble viewing the Saleabration brochures above, you can go to the Stampin Up Customer Home Page. Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Catalogues". Click on that and then the two Saleabration Brochures will be in there.

Comments

Popular Posts