Warning Inspiration Overload!

Hello Happy Stampers
Do you ever get Inspiration Overload?
Where you just have too many ideas in your head and you can't sleep until you create something?

Well that is what happened to me late last week. I had been collecting heaps of ideas for my son's birthday card. He is a film maker.
And suddenly at 10 pm on Thursday night...instead of going to bed...I headed to the craft table to get a start on his card. 1.30AM! I was exhausted and finished!
Next morning when I came down and took another look at what I created I was gobsmacked! A little over the top (even for me) hehe. and so much packed into one card...my only explanation was Inspiration Overload!!! 
Clean and Simple Crafters Look Away Now!

So now I guess I have peaked your interest enough...come and have a look at this...
(click on photo to enlarge)

The original idea I started with was to create a Box Brownie Style Easel Card...and then like Topsy it just seemed to grow from there into this! haha.
Let me give you a tour of my card. I started with a 14.5 x 14.5 Basic Black Easel Card.
Nearly all of it is Stampin Up except for a couple of stamps. The film numbers around the edges is a non SU stamp on Very Vanilla card stock. 
Layered on this is three squares of basic Black card edged with Silver Encore Ink. The Candy Dots in the corner are Very Vanilla.

Next I layered Silver Foil Card, Smoky Slate and Basic Black circles using the Circle Framelits.
I also used a Shaker Frame and some Acetate for the front Lens. It holds a Happy Birthday Greeting from Label Love in Cajun Craze ink and some little gold sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim.

On the right side of the Camera Lens I added a Cajun Craze Modern Label Punched piece with a small strip of black and on top of that the curvy piece is from the Owl Builder Punch, edged in silver with a Very Vanilla Candy Dot.
I thought at the time it would be clever to have the Lens circle going off centre to create the illusion of the 3D Lens. Not sure if it worked or not though?


On the right side I also added a Film Strip I made with a Retired Stampin Up Spiral Edge Punch. Then I punched some squares into the centre with the 1 inch Square Punch. I stamped some images from Sketched Birthday and Hello Honeycomb onto Very Vanilla and adhered it to the back. A bit of colouring with my Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight Stampin Write Markers and some Gold Sequins.

On the left to balance it out I made a Punch Art Film Camera using various Circle Punches the triangle from Petite Pennants Punch and a rectangle shape I cut myself. Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Cajun Craze Cardstock, Silver Encore Ink and Gold Sequins.


Now you have seen the outside... here is the inside....

Non SU Stamps on the inside. Several circles for the raised greeting, to hold the Easel in place.




And now we are finished!!! THE END.
I bet you thought that was never going to end. LOL!

(click on photo to enlarge)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!! 
(He loved the card by the way.)

Thanks for making it to the end of the post. Pop back again later in the week I have a few more Cards on the Table at the moment. Vx

Comments

Popular Posts