Stair Step Card in Strawberry.

I saw quite a few of these Stair Step Cards or Block Cards on Pinterest when the new Stampin Up Catalogue came out in July but never got round to making one until now. I used the information from Deb Valder's great video tutorial to make my card. Just click here.
I made the card with Strawberry Slush Cardstock 4 1/2 inches x 12 inches. (If you use the A4 card stock be sure to add a bit extra on to your hinge at the bottom, because A4 is on 11 3/4 inches in length).
(click on photo to enlarge)

I made this card for a special friend's birthday. She just loves the I Love Lace Stamp nearly as much as I do. So I wanted to incorporate that into my card.

I stamped the I Love Lace Stamp in Strawberry Slush and Crushed Curry ink and cut it into squares to fit on my block.
(click on photo to enlarge)

I used the retired Delicate Doilys Sizzlits in Strawberry Slush Cardstock.
Flowers stamped in Strawberry Slush ink from Flowershop and Petite Petals stamp sets and matching punches.
The leaves are from the Bird Builder Punch in Mossy Meadow card stock.


The little banners were made using the Banner Punch and the words from Honeycomb Hello p.134.
I like the doily pattern in the Round Array Stamp set so I used this stamped in Strawberry Slush and Crushed Curry on some of the squares and doily.



Here is the back view. The greeting is non-SU.
And are you wondering where you can write on this card? Well this is what I did.
Yep. I added some white card stock and wrote on the bottom.

The beauty of this card is that it folds flat for postage

(click on photo to enlarge)
I also made a cute tag to go with the gift I gave her.
I punched out a tag using the Tag Punch and ran it through the Bigshot with my Lovely Lace Embossing Folder.
Added a greeting on top and some Crushed Curry flowers with a sprinkle of Strawberry Slush Itty Bitty punched flowers. The leaves are the wings from the Bird Builder Punch in Mossy Meadow.

All wrapped and ready to go.
This card wasn't as hard as it looks. Probably the hardest part was deciding on how to decorate it! Maybe you will feel inspired to give it a go too.

I have a really busy weekend ...working... blah! Still hoping I will find some time to make a card for my son before his birthday on Monday! Drop by next week and see how I do.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Vx


Just a quick mention before I go...
If I haven't said it before, I love the Honeycomb Hello Stamp Set on page. 134 AUS Clear$28.95 or Wood$37.95.
Such a great collection of words that I would use all the time and some cute extra images as well. The biggest bonus being that you can use it with the little Banner Punch p.223 AUS$18.95  and lots of other punches too.



Comments

Popular Posts