Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral Paperplayers #208


I happened to check out the Paperplayers challenge this week and found it was a four colour challenge. "That looks pretty easy" I thought to myself. A whole range of ideas swimming around in my noggin.

Welllll.... Let me tell you! haha.
Should have been suspicious immediately! What was I thinking!! The more I played with the colours the harder it seemed. And none of my ideas were coming together. Groan.
But never give up. Never say die. LOL.

I DID IT! Not one but two cards.
Come and have a look.
(click on photo to enlarge)
 My first card.
Blushing Bride, Basic Grey then another piece of Blushing Bride with the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder p.227.


I layered a piece of Calypso Coral and a smaller piece of Blushing Bride on top both stamped with Dictionary Background Stamp in Basic Grey and some leaves, dots and spots from Kinda Eclectic and Gorgeous Grunge, in Basic Grey and Calypso Coral.
A strip of Hello Honey cardstock punched with the scalloped border punch and layered with the new Venetian Crochet Trim.
I punched out a large circle with the 2 1/2 inch circle punch and stamped leaves and sentiment from the Kinda Eclectic Stamp Set p.164.
I edged this with another circle of gold glimmer card stock and finished it off with a butterfly and petite petals flowers. The centres of the flowers and the gold dots on the butterfly are all glimmer card stock which I punched from the Owl Builder Punch.
So that was my first one which had lots and lots of layers and what I would call "Kinda Vintage"  with Kinda Eclectic. hehe.

The second one is a lot less layered.
In this one I used the Hostess Set Bloom with Hope.

(click on photo to enlarge)
Cardstock Calypso Coral, Basic Grey, Whisper White.



I stamped a little bit of the Dictionary Background Stamp in Basic Grey first then dried it with my heat gun. Next I stamped all my flowers and leaves and embossed them in black embossing powder.
I did mask a couple of flowers when I was stamping the leaves.
I coloured the flowers in Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride and the leaves in Basic Grey Stampin Write Markers. 
I didn't have the Hello Honey Marker so used my blender pen with the Hello Honey Ink Pad.

The Sentiment is from Perfect Pennants p.16. I embossed this too and cut it out and raised it up with some dimensionals to help it stand out.

Looking at this second card now I am thinking maybe I should add a bit of dazzling diamonds to the flowers? Hmmm? What do you think? A bit of sparkle never goes astray?

So there you are - not one but two cards today. Thanks to the Paperplayers Challenge.

There is still time if you are feeling up to a Challenge. Pop on over and check out all the lovely cards. ( I do think I will add the dazzling diamonds you know.) hehe. Until next time. Happy Stamping.Vx

Comments

  1. I LOVE BOTH CARDS! When I saw the first one, I was blown away by how beautifully you used the challenge colors. And then you did it again with the second card! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! You used the challenge colors beautifully! So glad you shared your creations at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Your cards are beautiful! I know some struggled with these colors and you made them look so simple! GREAT job on both cards! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are gorgeous! I don't know why I was so challenged with this color combo - you make it look perfectly natural and wonderful together! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you all for the lovely comments. So appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, just beautiful. Congrats on the Paper Players Cut Above award. I love that card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts