More flag cards.

As promised I have made a few more Flag Cards to show you.
I thought I would do one for Mother's Day.
Don't ask me why I decided to use Wisteria Wonder! I find purple a hard colour to work with
but I persevered and came up with this. I wanted to create a garden scene. I think the layout worked but if I did it again I would use different colours. Well not purples anyway! LOL!

 I felt it was a bit wishy-washy so I decided to colour the flowers and add a bit of bling. You can't see it on here but it is nice and sparkly. It was a bad day for photographing. Very overcast.
(click on photo to enlarge)
I used Pear Pizzaz for the base card and a matt of Pink Pirouette and Wisteria Wonder.
I stamped some bushes in the corner with Betsy's Blossoms stamp and Wisteria Wonder Ink.
The wood pieces are from the Hardwood Background Stamp on Smoky Slate, stamped in White Craft Ink. The nails are Smoky Slate Candy Dots.


I made the sign with Gold Foil punched out of the Modern Label Punch and Happy Mother's Day from Teeny Tiny Wishes punched out with the Word Window Punch. A bit of twine is attached to make it look like a sign swinging on an old piece of wood. (that was the idea anyway).



Flowers are Petite Petals in Cherry Cobbler and coloured with a blender pen. Secret Garden Flower in Wisteria Wonder and cut out with Secret Garden Framelits. Pear Pizzazz Leaves from the Secret Garden Framelits too.
Plus a few little Pink Pirouette Beautiful Wings Embosslit butterflies.

Now for the inside.


Once again a bit hard to see but I stamped the Hardwood Stamp in Smoky Slate onto the Pink Pirouette card and also onto the ends of the white card. Then added some flowers in Wisteria Wonder and Bushes in Pear Pizzazz.
Greetings are my own.

Now for my next Flag card.
A little while ago I made this card and posted it for a challenge on my blog.
(click on photo to enlarge)

I thought it would be good to add a Flag Insert into this card. So that is what I did. Come and see. I went to the balloon birthday theme and used Tangerine Tango for the Flags.
(click on photo to enlarge)

Now you can see you can also add this technique to existing cards you have already. Why not have a play today! They do add an extra "something" to a card.

I will be back next week so see you all then. Vx

Comments

  1. The Wisteria Wonder card does look good, even from here, Vicki. I like the way you used the flag technique on all of these cards. Now I really must try it!
    By the way, I found out I can turn off word verification but retain comment moderation on my blog, so I did that. It shoudl work fine :) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts