Happy Anniversary


It is our Anniversary on Monday and I wanted to make a special card to mark the occasion. If you are a regular to this blog you will know I have been moaning about having to get it done!

What better idea than to make a Card in the Box!!
Of course I made these way back for Christmas and you see them everywhere these days. Some fantastic ideas. You can see my original post for this one HERE.


I saw a Card in The Box recently where they had actually had the box on a diagonal layout and thought this could work well with my plan for a banner.

Come and have a look.
(click on photo to enlarge)


Can you see how I left the two flaps at the back up? This created a larger backdrop for my banners.
The card still folds flat.

I took a few pictures to show you a closer work of the construction.
Here is the banners.
(click on photo to enlarge)
Both banners are attached to the same two wooden skewers.
The top Banner with three hearts are made from Hearts a Flutter Framelits. I stamped hearts from the matching stamp set in silver and embossed them on the red hearts. The words in the middle are also embossed they are from Perfect Pennants. They were attached directly with glue dots to the top of the skewers.

The bottom banners have been made with the following stamp sets:
Quite the Pair: All Occasions
Hearts a Flutter 
non.SU
These were curled at the top and attached to bakers twine with glue dots. I was worried the bakers twine would become saggy so added a thin wire with the twine.

The twine was attached to the skewers by placing a small piece of sticky strip on each skewer and winding the bakers twine around it. Then tying off in a knot at both ends.


Here is a back view.


I have black card stock on the back but will add whisper white on top of this with my greetings and something suitable for the occasion. 

The two inside strips that you usually attach your images to I attached rows of little glimmer red hearts.


For the card stock I used Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate, Modern Medley dsp, Whisper White and Real Red and Black on the back.

Of course this is absolutely Nothing like what I originally intended to do! LOL! But it turned out rather well. 
30 years is "Pearl" Anniversary. I happen to be rather partial to pearls. So you never know. hehe.

Look at the craft table after I was finished. Don't know what square inch I was stamping on in the end. haha.


Thanks for dropping by. Maybe consider making a card in the box yourself for a special occasion. I am thinking one for Mothers Day would be good.
See you next week.
Vx



Comments

Popular Posts