Blast from the Past - So Very Grateful

Hello everyone, I have been a bit quiet lately I know. Haven't been able to get to the craft table very much due to work and all the holidays - Easter, Anzac Day/ etc.
Still have a lot of work on but I just had to make a card for a friend's birthday (it is late but better late than never!)

So I wanted something a bit different for my card but was time poor so it had to come together fairly easily and quickly. What to do????
I went searching in my template/sample card box and found this old Christmas card I made quite a few years back.


(click on photo to enlarge)
This is what it looks like inside.

So using this idea I made a card. My friend's favourite colour is Orange and my favourite stamps at the moment are the Hardwood background stamp and the So Very Grateful Stamp Set from the All Occasions catalogue.

(click on photo to enlarge)
I used Calypso Coral for my card base. Stamped Hardwood Background in Smoky Slate onto Whisper White. Cut out two ovals using the Oval framelits in Crisp Cantaloupe and Smoky Slate.
I stamped the So Very Grateful flowers in Versamark and used Smoky Slate Embossing Powder to heat emboss. Then coloured the flowers in with Stampin Write Markers: Calypso Coral, Soft Sky, So Saffron and Gumball Green.
I tucked the Best Wishes from Petite Pairs (punched out with 1 inch circle punch) into the corner of my oval.

Now for the inside of the card.... Ta Da...
(click on photo to enlarge)
Turned out rather well.
Here is a top view so you can see how the fold works.
The whisper white card stock is 21cm x 14cm. Scored in the middle at 10.5cm then I scored 8.5cm in  from both edges. The little flags in Crisp Cantaloupe are 8cm x 4.5cm.

I stamped the butterflies in black onto the Crisp Cantaloupe then stamped them again in Calypso Coral onto white and punched them out. Layering them onto the black butterfly created a nice shadow.
The flowers are stamped in Smoky Slate on the Crisp Cantaloupe and then coloured with a blender pen and ink pads. This gives a softer look.
I also stamped the flowers in Calypso Coral on the edges of the whisper white.
Then a bit of dazzling diamonds and I am finished!

Or so I thought. But I still had to wrap the small gift.
Ahhh...now I'm finished!

We did go for a walk on the weekend (in the rain!) at Daisy Hill Forest again.
Said Hello to a few Wallabies while we were there and Mr. Kooka sitting on a tree stump.
(this isn't Mr. Kooka! haha)


(this IS Mr. Kooka)

And I am so very grateful to everyone who visits me here.
Thank you so very much, I really do appreciate it and all your comments too.
Vx

Comments

  1. Love this Vick! The embossed and coloured flowers look like stained glass! Such a wonderful mix of colours and the inside is stunning too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely is this card! I love the little flags inside and that Grateful stamp set you used is one of my new favourites too.I bought the wood Stampin' wheel recently as well so should break it out and try making a card like yours. What gorgeous wildlife photos and lol about who was not Mr Kooka. Glad you are feeling up to crafting again :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts