Male Vintage


Over at the Male Room the card challenge this time was for a Vintage Style Male Card.

When I went looking for vintage style stamps I found I didn't seem to have as many choices as I first thought. After a bit of playing though I think I have come up with a vintage Male card.



(click on photo to enlarge)

I used my Dictionary Background Stamp (another favourite of mine) which I stamped In Early Expresso, on a strip of Very Vanilla Cardstock.
I stamped the duck/goose? from Wetlands in Soft Suede and added some ink blobs from Gorgeous Grunge in Early Expresso.
Around the edges I smudged my Clear Versamark Ink Pad and then heat embossed Gold Embossing Powder on it.


The Fine Feathers are hand cut from Summer Starfruit card stock and are stamped in Early Expresso. I went around these with the Versamark and Gold Embossing Powder as well. (a bit hard to see the gold highlights around the edges).


I added a stamp from Postage Due to the feathers stamped in Early Expresso and punched out with the 1 inch Square Punch and the Postage Punch.



I thought the Perfectly Penned Stamp Set had the right vintage look for a greeting for my card.
I stamped Happy Birthday in Early Expresso on Summer Starfruit card stock and used a Chalk Talk Framelit to cut it out.

The background piece is Natural Composition Specialty designer paper. I brayered a woodgrain piece with Early Expresso Inkpad. This specialty paper has a shiny raised clear pattern on each piece that can be used with ink to create various "resist" patterns. Very cool. You can see the "shininess in the first photo".



Products:
Cardstock: Early Expresso, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit
Natural Composition Specialty designer paper
Ink: Early Expresso, Soft Suede
Stamps: Dictionary Background, Wetlands, Gorgeous Grunge, Fine Feathers, Postage Due, Perfectly Penned.
Punch: 1 inch square, postage
Framelit: Chalk Talk

Speaking of Vintage...
We took a trip down memory lane on Sunday. We visited the Brisbane City Hall in King George Square. Opened in 1880.


Inside the City Hall is the original Shingle Inn which  is the reincarnation of Brisbane’s oldest and most loved café.  Originally opened in 1936 on Edward Street, Shingle Inn was well known for its superior quality cakes, unique environment and outstanding service.



The facade and fittings were moved when the old building was torn down to make way for a multi level shopping centre. I used to go to the Shingle Inn for Staff Birthday Cakes way back ... 30 years ago! And they were just as mouth watering delicious as they are today. Mmmmm! Yum! Loved the beautiful wood finishes and silver service. It really is just the way it was back then. Lovely.

Make sure you check out the other vintage male cards. Just click on the link at the top of the post.
And hopefully I will see you again tomorrow. I have another male card to show that is very different from this one.
Thanks for dropping by and for your lovely comments (always read and appreciated).

Comments

  1. Ooohhhh....I love this vintage male card! You did a perfect job combining all the elements! Perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you certainly have. I loved to see Wetlands used for this, I'd not thought of it for a vintage card, but you did! Well done. Perfect for the challenge at The Male Room. Thanks for joining us

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your vintage style birthday card is fabulous! I do like the way you've added the embossed bits of gold and the image is just perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts