Watercolour By the Tide


I decided to play with the colour combo in Dynamic Duos Colour Challenge this week.
Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi and Tangerine Tango.


Using a piece of Watercolour Cardstock I stamped various images from the By The Tide Stamp Set to create a underwater scene as the colours reminded me of snorkelling around the coral reefs on the Great Barrier Reef.
Each image was stamped in versa mark and then embossed with white embossing powder.



I placed the three colours of ink into a little artist palette and added some water to dilute. Then using an aqua painter I washed the colours over the picture.

This is how it turned out.

(click on photo to enlarge)

Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Black, White, Watercolour, Melon Mambo (around verse)
Ink refill bottles: Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi.
Inkpad: Versamark, Black Staz on
Embossing Powder: White, Gold
On Film Framelit for the white border background piece.
Stamp Sets: By the Tide, Gorgeous Grunge (for the sea bubbles in white and gold)
Verse: Computer generated

(click on photo to enlarge)
How I did it.
I stamped the shell and seahorse and white bubbles first and embossed them. Then I stamped the coral (or is that a sea plant?? let's call it coral!) and embossed that. I then washed the card stock with the watered down ink and wiped away any excess with a paper towel. I felt it needed something more so added the sea bubbles again in gold for a bit of shine. The strip at the bottom was just a piece cut from the top of the scene that I didn't need but didn't want to waste either.

A final word or tip.
This card is going to a special friend who has been diagnosed with cancer and I was very frustrated with wanting to find the right words for the front of the card.
 Then I remembered that with a computer I can have ANY sentiment or greeting I want! In ANY size or font I want! LOL! I really need to remember that more often!!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Come back again soon. Vx

Comments

  1. Lunch time. WOW Vicki this is awesome and looks like something I might be able to do... and I'll repeat it here: absolutely love that quote!
    Louise (ON.Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is FABULOUS! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, this is a beautiful card! I almost forgot about emboss resist- such a great technique. I know your friend will be happy to receive it. Thanks for sharing your heart-made card with Dynamic Duos this week;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful and sure to bring a smile to the recipient. Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! So nicely done. I'm sure it will brighten your friend's day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts