Sweet Stripes?


Well this week at Just Add Ink it is Just Add Stripes.




So I set to work with a few of my favourite stripy things.
The Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper from the Saleabration brochure has a lovely striped piece which I wanted to use.
I also love the Stripes Embossing Folder so I dug that out too.

(click on photo to enlarge)
I was playing with the Summer Silhouettes and made the lattice background with the stamp from that set. Stamped in Coastal Cabana and lined up with the Stampamajig.
Stamped some leaves in Pistachio Pudding and then added a cut out leaf in that colour card stock.
Leaf from the Secret Gardens Framelits set.



Petite Petals punch and stamp set and the large flower from Flower shop stamp set.
Greeting from Label Love and using the Artisan Label Punch.



Colours used:
Cardstock:
Smoky Slate, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana.

This card I felt I borrowed some inspiration from my good buddy Carolyn who uses Smoky Slate all the time! I tried four different colours before I thought of her and decided to try it myself.... and I liked it!!! Thanks Carolyn. Another reminder I must not rule out colours just because I struggle to use them.

Can you believe how many challenges I am doing at the moment? It is all part of my therapy to relax and just enjoy the card making process without having any pressure that doing this as a business can bring with it.
I guess it is a holiday "card making style" for me. A much needed break. Admittedly in the beginning I couldn't even go into the craft room.  Then I decided it needed a complete clean out (will have to show you pictures of that sometime).  And finally I decided just to try making a few cards for fun. That is where the challenges came in. They give me some ideas and a bit of a challenge without as I said the pressure. "Will they like it", "Are they getting their money's worth", "What products do I need to highlight and show examples of", "Have to clean the house", "Have to make some cakes", "Have to be ready half an hour early in case of earlybirds". Oh My Goodness! I can feel my anxiety levels rising just thinking of it!! haha!

No this is good and I will continue along this path for the time being.
 Hope you will come along and continue to visit.
Thanks for stopping by. Vx

Comments

  1. Vicki, this is really lovely. Such a pretty, happy card. How clever are you, creating that lattice background?!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Vicki. Beautiful use of patterns, stripes and colour, that lattice is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Just add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Vicki! You must have the patience of a saint to stamp the lattice as you have! Thanks so much for joining us this week at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - beautiful colours and I love the little pearls too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this DSP and love your use of bright spring colours. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts