Special Number Cards

This week I had to make two special "number" cards.
An 80th birthday card for my father-in-law and a 21st birthday card for my niece.

My Father-in-law in an ex-navy man so a card using the Open Sea stamp set seemed just right.
But hang on! My friend Carolyn hasn't long ago posted a brilliant card using this set. So why waste time trying to re-invent the wheel?
Yes I have copied almost exactly her card from here.
And I love it. And I am sure Dad will too!

(click on photo to enlarge)

I just changed the colours and added the number 80.
Night of Navy, Crumbcake, Early Expresso.
Deco Labels Framelits.
Thank you so much Carolyn for your brilliant card.

Now for Sophie's card I did my own thing.
I decided pale blue and silver and white would look good together so went with the colours
Soft Sky, Silver Glimmer card, Whisper White and then Bermuda Bay for the base card.

(click on photo to enlarge)


Flowering Flourishes were stamped and embossed in silver.
The 21st number is non-SU.
And of course I used the beautiful butterfly punch in several layers for a bit more glimmer on the front of the card.


Hope you have a good weekend.
Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are definitely read and all appreciated.
Vx

Comments

Popular Posts