Banner birthday

Today I wanted to make a card for a friend's 70th birthday.
My dilemma was that I didn't want to use the petite petals punch and stamp set!! LOL!
Which I feel I have become a little obsessed with lately.
Do you ever get that way? Find you are using the same stamps or framelits or punches (usually the latest ones) over and over again?

So I looked around and found a card by my friend Carolyn. (You can view the original here.)
 This card is very different to what I usually make but I thought I could work with the layout style.

Next I went with a yellow theme. What colours go with Daffodil yellow? I checked my handy dandy Colour Coach p.137 of the catalogue and found Night of Navy goes well. Found some nice designer paper from Gingham Garden with both these colours. Perfect. I was on my way.

(click on photo to enlarge)

I have seen a few cards with the doily gold embossed and decided to try it myself.
Looks gorgeous. So regal. I had to add a crown from my stash.
I stamped flowering flourishes in the background of the circle and the Happy Birthday is from You're Amazing Stamp Set.



The card turned out really well I thought.
And not a petite petal flower, punched or stamped anywhere!!!! Wow!
Actually now I am looking at it I think I may just add three little diamantes to the crown?? What do you think? A little bit more bling couldn't hurt could it?
Then I will get it off in the post to her.

Colours used:
Daffodil Yellow, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Gold ink and gold embossing powder on white doily.
Fancy Fan Embossing Folder (this is on the yellow banner)
Gingham Garden dsp
Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set
You're Amazing Stamp Set
Banner framelits
Crown and chipboard no. from my stash.

So if you are finding yourself using the same items again and again why not break out a little and experiment with a new style? There are thousands of card designs out there to choose from.
And you can always use this one if you like. I can recommend it.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again real soon.
Vx

Comments

Popular Posts