Spots before my eyes.


Hello everyone, how is your week going? I just got my flu shot today...a little late but never mind. Being the sook I am when it comes to needles I gave myself a blueberry muffin and english breakfast tea treat at the local coffee shop to help make it feel better. hehe.
I asked my doctor if there were any side effects? He said "No, I had mine done and I'm not dead yet!"
Well, that was comforting!

This week at Just Add Ink. The Challenge theme was Just Add a Fun Background.

I really like punching through cardstock and adding designer paper behind so came up with this card using various circle punches for my background.
(click on photo to enlarge)
 Punching through cardstock makes a quick, easy and FUN background anytime!
I had fun adding little flowers to some of the larger circles to match the flowery designer paper underneath.
And to go with the scallop circles in the sentiment I also added a scallop edge border and a designer builder brad.
Hope you can come up with some fun punched backgrounds too.
Punches used:
Circle background:
3/4"
1/2"
1/4" (retired)
circle from itty bitty shapes set
Greeting:
1 1/4" scallop circle (carryover p.34 Mini)
1 3/8" plain circle
1 3/4" scallop circle
Flowers: Itty bitty shapes set
Butterflies: Beautiful Wings Embosslits
Cardstock and Paper: Primrose Petals, Bashful Blue, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Print Poetry Designer Paper.

So nice you could drop by and check out my blog. Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you.
Come back soon. Vx

Comments

  1. What a great idea Vicki - something I've never tried! Looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Vicki!!! Love the effect of all those punches circles revealing the DSP - great idea! Your little butterflies and flowers are really sweet too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Vicki, you clever chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki that technique definitely makes a quick and fun background. Great idea and thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a fun background Vicki. Such a pretty girly card :) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab background you made with your punches Vicki! Doctors do have very dark senses of humour but I'm a great believer in the blueberry muffin cure! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab card Vicki, and I love the punched holes that reveal the DP underneath

    I think Muffins can cure all sorts of ailments too!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts