Home Again and All Dressed Up.

I have been away on a week's break to Sydney. Staying at the Novatel Brighton Le Sands.

It is only a short train ride to the city centre. Here are some Sydney City Snapshots for you.
The Sydney Sky Tower.
Beautiful Sydney Opera House.
Sydney Harbour Bridge
Luna Park
Me in the Queen Victoria Building. (before I became loaded down with shopping bags. hehe.)

Now I am back I want to show you what I have been doing with the Dress Up framelits. p.32 of the mini.

I really wasn't sure if I would do much with them but let me tell you... once you start playing it is just so hard to stop!
Here is a card I made for the Hostess at my last workshop.
Cardstock: Regal Rose and Summer Starfruit.
Print Poetry Designer Paper Stack

(click on photo to enlarge)
I pleated a piece of designer paper and placed on top of the dress to give a more 3 dimensional look.

I used a  coathanger paper clip from the Cute Clips Set (p.28 mini) and pearls around the neckline. At the waist I wrapped some rose red ribbon from the Artisan's Embellishment Pack and Regal Rose thin taffeta ribbon. 
Here's To You - Friendly Phrases Stamp Set was stamped on banners from the Hearts A Flutter Framelits Set.
At the bottom I used some Delicate Details Lace Tape and little punched flowers in Summer Starfruit.
The pink lace peaking from under the hem is from the Artisan's Embellishment pack.

Of course what better way to compliment the perfect Party Dress than with a matching bag.
Petite Purse Die (p.194 main catalogue).
The little bag was my gift to the Hostess and held some Lip gloss and two chocolates.
Can you see the cute little teacup charm I added to the side?
And here is the gift complete.
(click on photo to enlarge)

I hope the Hostess liked her special Thank You Gift. I certainly had fun making it! Stay tuned for more dress up cards. You just can't stop at one!!

Until next time. Vx

Comments

  1. Vicki you're a girl from my own heart......dresses and handbags!!what more could you ask for ( except shoes perhaps!LOL )

    Beautiful colour combo too

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts