Happy Days! Rock around the Clock.

This weekend we have been invited to my cousin's birthday party. The theme is 1950's.
So I put my thinking cap on and decided I wanted to make him a card with a jukebox on it.
First I googled "jukebox clipart images" to get some ideas then I sat down and created a punch art jukebox for him.
Put your bobby sox on and do the shimmy shimmy shake over here to check it out. hehe.

(click on photo to enlarge)
Isn't this great!!! I actually impressed myself this time. (very rare). haha.
I have used Pacific Point, Daffodil Yellow, Black, Silver Glimmer, White, Real Red and Primrose Petals for my colour scheme.
If you like this card it will be one we are making in class in April.
Do you want to see my outfit for the party??

(click on photo to enlarge)
A-line dress, wide belt, wide plastic bangle, red satin bag, black and white scarf (for head), black flower for shoulder of dress.
I still need a necklace. Maybe big plastic round beads in black, white or red. Or pearls would work too.
The party should be fun. If I take any decent photos I will show you next week.

Until next time I will leave you with some 1950's music titles.

Good Golly Miss Molly
I'm going to put on my Blue Suede Shoes
Have some Tutti Fruitti
and Shake Rattle n'Roll
while I Rock around the Clock
on Blueberry Hill
That'll be the Day

Goodnight Sweetheart Goodnight.

Comments

  1. OMG Vicki, that card is Fabulous. You rock and roll on that one. Love it. Thanks for your kind comment and I hope this doesn't show that goofy email of sueaune when I post this. See you on SC
    Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Vicki, so very creative. I'm impressed. Have fun at the party. Sadly I know all those tunes and I used to watch Happy Days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW!!! This must have taken you ages Vicki, it's Fab.

    Unfortunately, I'm a 60's child and know most of your song titles, but I
    wont cry "Tears in my pillow", "It's all in the game", I remember being a "Teenager in Love", and so "All I have to do is Dream ".
    Your dress looks great.....I bet you'll be "Poetry in motion", shame it's not "Blue Velvet"!!

    Ok, enough now. Have a great party

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts