How not to do a sketch challenge!

Well that title has you wondering doesn't it? Or maybe not if you know me! hehe!
So my friend Carolyn tells me card sketches are easy and I should try one. So I decide to - late at night and after the computer is off. But hey, I can remember the sketch I saw earlier that day - right?!

So this is the card I came up with -
(click on photo to enlarge)
I was really happy with it too... until I went back the next day to see the sketch again......




PCCCS028-Sketch


Hmmmm.....?? Whoops! Think I would learn not to trust the old memory by now (knowing how bad it is! haha.)!

This card is a special birthday card for someone's birthday coming up real soon so I'm glad I made it anyway. Come and have a closer look at the pretty details.


I added some interest with lots of little pearls all over the tree branches and on the butterfly.

To give some depth to my tree I have used Shimmer Cardstock for the Oval and washed lightly over the bottom half with some summer starfruit ink diluted with an aqua pen. My favourite part is the little branch at the bottom I have added to replicate the tree branches.

I hope to try another sketch challenge soon just to prove to myself and you that I can "F.O.C.U.S" for five minutes and pay attention to the details! LOL!! and next time I promise to check the sketch BEFORE I start! hehe!

If you liked today's card please leave a comment. I love to hear from you.
 Vx

Card Details
I have used Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit cardstock. 
The stamp set Thoughts and Prayers for the tree. Labels collection framelit and Ovals bigz die for the frame.. Delicate Design Emboss Folder. Scallop edge punch for the strip down the side.
Sycamore Street Designer paper and the "for you" from Pretty Petites Stamp Set and  Petite Curly Label Punch all from the Saleabration range.
Finally a butterfly from Beautiful Wings Embosslits and a branch punched from the bird builder punch.


Comments

  1. I like if Vicki. Very nice, at a stretch you could still enter it and say you took some creative license with the sketch. You are allowed to flip them, rotate them or change them (slightly)!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts