Interesting Diamond Fold

This is a called an Upright Diamond Fold Card.
I found it on Pinterest posted by Jennie.
When you click on the link she gives for the info on how to make it - it didn't go anywhere. But I was determined to give it a try anyway.
So I just played around with some card stock and the picture I saw on Pinterest and this is what I came up with.


The belly-band holds it together.

Here is a bit of a side view. You can see how the Diamond piece springs forward.

So as you open the diamond from the front.
I used stamps from Summer Silhouettes Stamp Set. Elegant Eggplant, whisper White, and Retired designer paper, plus some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Cardstock.





You get the inside view. I decided to carry my flower theme into the inside panel. 


Here is the card laid out flat with the front view




And turn it over and you can see the inside view.


And just for you I cut out a template and wrote some instructions.
You can click on any of these photos to enlarge them for better reading.
The piece of card stock I started with is 24cm x 15cm rectangle.
Score at each measurement. 2cm, then 5.5cm between each score.
So it would be 2cm, 7.5cm, 13cm, 18.5cm.
Then diagonally across 7.5cm to 18.5cm. as shown.



 On this end you have to find the centre at the end (7.5cm) and cut from the 18.5cm mark

A view of the Mountain/Valley folds as the card is closing.

Add a piece of card stock to the inside 2cm back piece 10.5cm and this will be the back of the card.


 You can decorate the card with designer paper or your own stamping creations. Make a belly band to fit around the card and decorate with designer paper and punched out elements.

Now this is a very special 50th Birthday card that was sent to my friend Carolyn. She just loves the colour purple and butterflies so I did my best even though I do struggle with the colour purple. LOL.

I actually liked making this card believe it or not and already plan to make another one for another special birthday girl. Stay tuned.

In the meantime. Happy Stamping.
Vx


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the time and effort involved in making this card for me. I love it. So gorgeous, and perfect. Love Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts